miércoles, 8 de octubre de 2014

My favourite place in the world




There is a place where I can go, when I feel low, when I feel blue….And it is the “Mirador de Carvajales” in Granada.  This charming viewpoint allows you to see the stunning Alhambra from a very short distance. At  sunset it offers you a breathtaking scenery due to the red walls of the ancient palace being highlighted by the rays of sunlight. In fact, “alhambra” means “red palace” in Arabic. The “Mirador de Carvajales”  is less touristic than the better known “Mirador de San Nicolás”, that is always overcrowded. 
It is in the middle of Albaicyn, an historic and lively area in Granada full of narrow and labyrinthine streets whit white houses on a hill in front of the Alhambra and beside the Sacromonte. Carvajales is a small square surrounded by trees that cast a pleasant shadow and there is an arabic fountain in the middle. But what I like about this place is its atmosphere. You can stay there for hours and don´t realize about it, while somebody is playing the guitar or another stops to talk with you… When I remember this peaceful square I feel pretty low and blue, so I must go to Carvajales now.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario